Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: How much for a doll in 1986?

  1. #1
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Just curious. Does anyone remember what the price was for a doll in 1986? Does anyone have a price guide or an old catalog? I heard from a previous thread that the price was going up and I was wondering how much they were when they first came out.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Miss M's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it was $68. Thats for doll and PB book.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 23, 2005 04:04 PM: Message edited by: **Princess** ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jennifermarym's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think they were $72 dollars for a doll and a paperback "Meet" book. At least that is as far back as I can remember. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by **Princess**:
    I think it was $68. Thats for doll and PB book.

    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ June 23, 2005 04:04 PM: Message edited by: **Princess** ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm almost sure they were $68 as well, and jumped to $72(or $74 i forget) within 3 years.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, well, please don't bet on this but I think in 1986, the dolls were $78. The fact that the price has only gone up $6 in 20 years is pretty impressive.

  6. #6
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Angry

    Wow! I was 16 back then so I had no idea that they even existed. Can you believe I learned about AG only 2 years ago? I bought my DD's their first dolls for their birthdays this past year and got my own Molly and Samantha just months ago. I feel like I've missed out. I wish I could get a hold of some old catalogs.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member likewow's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remember $78, too, but that was in 1989. SOMEONE must have an old catalog to settle this question...

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Didn't they not have catalogs until 1989-90 or so?

  9. #9
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by felicity_horselover:
    Didn't they not have catalogs until 1989-90 or so?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They were only sold in catalogs until 1996 or so. I know I was getting the catalogs by '87. and my '86 books had the card to send in to get the catalog

  10. #10
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    Wow $68 dollors is a reasonable price $84 dollors is a litte steep but still reasonable.. But its a differnt company they have became so populer now a days and that because it costs money to mass production of the dolls. Still $16.00 dollors is a big differnce but not really, but for people who cannot afford its a big deal. But $16 dollors up in price 20 years is not that bad.

    Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ June 24, 2005 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Samantha_Nellie_ Felicitys_Mommy ]</font>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •